Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Poison Sumac Usually Last
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
No cure, get treated: (toxicodendron dermatitis) aka: poison ivy/oak/sumac causes an itchy blistering reaction of varying degrees in almost everyone who contacts it and fails to wash it off immediately. Seeing a doctor is highly recommended because oral steroids for about 3 weeks in a tapering course will dramatically improve this condition in a few days. Topical soaks to dry the blisters is also helpful. Good luck. ...Read more
Wikipedia: The articles in wikipedia are very well written and referenced. ...Read more
Poison sumac: Signs and symptoms of a poison ivy or poison sumac rash include: redness, itching, swelling, blisters, often, the rash looks like a straight line because of the way the plant brushes against the skin. But if you come into contact with a piece of clothing or pet fur that has urushiol on it, the rash may be more spread out. ...Read more
Can't: It has to run its course, however topical Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and/or cortizone cream may reduce reddness and symptoms. Oral steroids may be required for larger or more severe outbreaks, possibly along with antihistamine & h2 blocker to reduce symptoms. You've got it for about two weeks. Sorry! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does poison sumac last?
- How long does poison sumac rash last?
- How long does poison ivy usually last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does the common cold usually last?
- How long does a stomach virus usually last?
- How long does otitis media usually last?
- How long does juvederm usually last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online