Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Plan B Stay In Your System
I am breastfeeding. How long does plan B stay in your system? I am worried about taking plan be and what it will do to my 6 month old. I am exclusively breastfeeding but worried about getting pregnant because now is definitely not the time.
Not a concern: The progesterone hormone in Plan B is safe to take while breastfeeding and will not harm your child. Exclusive breastfeeding will provide you with some protection but you might want to discuss with your doctor about going on the "mini pill" for better reliability. This is a better option that episodically using Plan B. ...Read more
Briefly: Even though Plan B is out of your system relatively quickly, the hormonal changes that occur may take up to several months after the Plan B was taken to even out. ...Read more
Depends on ur weight: Plan B is usually effective up to 5 days after unprotected sex, but most effective within first 72hrs (~88% reduction in unintended pregnancy). However recent studies found that Plan B is less effective in women weighing >165lbs, and ineffective if >175lbs. It does not stay in system more than a few days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does plan b stay in your system after taking it?
- How long does plan b stay in your body?
- How long does plan b last in your system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does thc stay in your system if you smoke once?
- How long does phentermine stay in your system?
- How long does nicotine stay in your body system?
- How long does klonopin stay in your system?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free