Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Pink Eye Last When Sperm Gets In It
3-10 days: Almost all "pink eye" is due to one of 40 or so viruses. Each one has a time frame which varies from 3-10 days, so yours will take the amount of time in which it is a member. Treatment has no actual effect; most with this condition are given anti-bacterials as there is no specific anti-viral for these viruses, so treatment makes no difference. ...Read more
Bacterial Course: Conjunctivis caused by bacteria can cause thick drainage from eye. With use of antibiotic drop, drainage clears within 72 hrs and eye redness may continue 7-10 days with gradual improvement. After using eyedrops for 24 hours, and if pus is minimal, children can return to day care or school. ...Read more
Depends on the germs: Pink eye can be caused by a variety of germs, including various viruses and bacteria. If your kiddo has pink eye and likes to snuggle stuffed animals, it'd be a good idea to make sure the stuffed animals were given a thorough cleaning once the pink eye is cleared up. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What to do if I have blurred vision from pink eye. How long will it last and what can I do to help it?
Depends: If you have classic adult pink eye, which is viral, then you most likely have one of the viruses lasting 3-10 days with complete resolution. If you have one of the less common viruses which also cause immune deposits on the cornea (ekc) it might last longer and require short to long term topical steroids. The other type does not respond to antibiotics. Your ophthalmologist can diagnosis / treat. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long does pink eye last from cum?
- How long does pink eye last on surfaces?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to fully heal?
- How long does sperm last in vagina?
- How long does it take for pink eye to go away?
- How long does pink eye associated with viral meningitis last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free