Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Pink Eye Last
3-10 days: Almost all "pink eye" is due to one of 40 or so viruses. Each one has a time frame which varies from 3-10 days, so yours will take the amount of time in which it is a member. Treatment has no actual effect; most with this condition are given anti-bacterials as there is no specific anti-viral for these viruses, so treatment makes no difference. ...Read more
Depends on the germs: Pink eye can be caused by a variety of germs, including various viruses and bacteria. If your kiddo has pink eye and likes to snuggle stuffed animals, it'd be a good idea to make sure the stuffed animals were given a thorough cleaning once the pink eye is cleared up. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
PInk eye: Lasts about a week if you treat it with antibiotics and about 7 days if you don't treat it. ...Read more
Bacterial Course: Conjunctivis caused by bacteria can cause thick drainage from eye. With use of antibiotic drop, drainage clears within 72 hrs and eye redness may continue 7-10 days with gradual improvement. After using eyedrops for 24 hours, and if pus is minimal, children can return to day care or school. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does pink eye last from cum?
- How long does pink eye last on surfaces?
- How long does pink eye last when sperm gets in it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does pink eye associated with measles last?
- How long does pink eye associated with conjunctivitis last?
- How long does pink eye germs last on stuffed animals?
- How long does viral pink eye last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free