Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Pet Dander Remain In The House
Mostly research test: It's usually not necessary to test to see if you have pet dander. If you have a pet, you have pet dander. If you don't have a pet, some houses still have detectable cat allergen even when there has not been a cat there for substantial amounts of time. Testing is usually done mostly for research purposes though. You can take measures to mitigate, like hard floors or hepa filters, without testing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long does dog dander around the home remain an active allergen once a dog is removed from the home?
My daughter had undergone squint surgery in both eyes. We have a pet at home, is there risk of infection or irritation because of dander.
Real estate agent: Find one. Buy new house. Leave pet behind. There are no other "quick procedures". Moving pet out is your best solution in long run. Keeping pet off furniture, bedding & out of laundry room helps. A hepa air purifier reduces airborne pet dander as will keeping windows open. For effective hepa calculate volume of home. Hepas must move that amount of air every 10 minutes. It's a big investment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can pet dander be removed from cars successfully? I'm sensitive to pet dander. Should i buy a used car with pet dander in it?
Animal Allergy: Spending time around an animal you are allergic to should give you an idea if you have symptoms. If still unsure, your friendly allergist can test you to animals and give you a specific answer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does alcohol remain in the blood?
- How long does cocaine remain in the body?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does the common cold last in adults?
- How long does it usually take to heal tendonitis in the shoulder?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does a pinched nerve in the neck last?
- How long can pet dander stay in the air?