Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Papules Associated With Impetigo Last
How long does impetigo last. I've done 2 rounds of clindamyicin and topical bactroban and it seems to be coming back. I am the only one with it. ?
Impetigo treatment: Try taking baths with warm soapy water. Add 3-4 tablespoons of bleach to water as a disinfectant. Also apply bactrioban to your nostrils several times during day. Keep your towel separate. ...Read more
I got pruritic urticarial papules & plaques of pregnancy, started 1 Week Postpartum. Can't find any itch relief. how long does this generally last?
Unusual: It's unusual for the rash to develop after delivery. It usually develops late in the third trimester and resolves during the first week postpartum. Rarely, it can persist for a few weeks after delivery. If it doesn't resolve soon, you may need to see a dermatologist to make sure it's not something else. ...Read more
Usually not long: Impetigo is a superficial skin infection. If only a small area is involved, topical antibiotic cream or ointment usually works. Larger areas may need an oral antibiotic, often for 7 to 10 days. Impetigo can be contagious, so it is wise to keep the area covered if possible and wash hands well after touching the lesions. ...Read more
Yes: As longregardless of.Get a more detailed answer ›
Days: With appropriate treatment, skin infections usually resolve within days. They become less scaly and red as they heal. ...Read more
How long is it supposed to it take for impetigo symptoms to show up in infants less than 6 months old?
Rashes: Impetigo is a common skin infection in infants and children. There is no standard incubation period. It most commonly occurs in an area of skin irritation such as an injury, scratch, eczema, or around the nares. Using an antibiotic ointment/cream early on irritated areas may prevent it. First signs are redness then development of a yellowish crust when oral antibiotics are needed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does vesicular rash associated with impetigo last?
- How long does rash associated with impetigo last?
- How long does papules associated with miliaria last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does fever associated with strep throat last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with common cold last?
- How long does rash associated with food allergies last?
- How long does painful urination associated with genital herpes last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online