Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Pain Last After Total Knee Replacement
May not be complete: Some are fortunate to have the surgery and shortly there after once the wounds healed, they have no pain at all. Many will have great improvement of pain, but never completely resolved after the replacement surgery. It is a big surgical procedure with significant risks/benefits, so do your research and discuss with doc thoroughly. Good luck to you. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
It depends: Full recovery after knee replacement usually takes more than a year. Most patients reduce their use of pain medicines within two weeks of the replacement, by 6 weeks they are comfortable and usually by 3 months the knee is fading into the background, and life doesn't revolve around the new knee. Everyone is different and this is a general time line. If you are concerned tell your doctor. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Full function varies: Most people require a minimum of 6-12 weeks to regain their preop motion back. Most people are able to return to work at a light to medium duty at 6-12 weeks. Most people can play golf at 6-12 weeks. Tennis usually 12 weeks or so. Swimming once the wound is healed and sealed. Most people still feel stiff for 6-12+ months. This gives you good general idea of what to expect. Individuals vary. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Ride when healed: First you need to be off narcotics. Second you should wait til your swelling is down to almost normal. Third, your wound needs to be healed. If you lean on your leg too soon with the weight of your harley, the tissue many still be held together by the internal stitches and you may split open your wound. 6-8 weeks is probably getting close to being safe on the wound strength issue. I ride myself. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does pain last after knee replacement surgery?
- How long does a total knee replacement last?
- How long does the pain last after tooth extraction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after shoulder surgery does pain last?
- How long does abdominal pain last after a colonoscopy?
- How long does pain last after hernia surgery?
- How long does the pain last after having a tubal ligation?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free