Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Ovulation Pain Last
Ovulation: Discomfort or pain associated with ovulation is from small amount of blood and fluid liberated with the egg from the follicle. Can last 24-48 hours. If severe try motrin-like drugs if not attempting conception. For long term relief take birth control pills to suppress ovulation. If pain still persistent may need evaluation for other causes of pain like endometriosis. ...Read more
3 nearly positive OPKs the last three days. Ovulation pain also.
Would this mean I'm ovulating or nearly ovulating?
Yes and no: Ovulation occurs usually within 36 hours of the first test turning positive. So, it doesn't matter how many turn positive, the first one counts. Depending on the test, I'm not sure what "nearly positive' means, but the hormone that those tests check for does not gradually increase. It's a sudden spike. I'm guessing that you have already ovulated, and the first "nearly," was positive. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does the ovulation pain last?
- How long does ovulation last for?
- How long does a woman ovulation lasts?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a egg last after ovulation?
- How long does ovulation bleeding last?
- How long does ovulation spotting last?
- How long does ovulation discharge last?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free