Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Opiate Withdrawl Last
I was wondering the best way to go about opiate withdrawl. Going to a clinic is MY LAST OPTION. I would rather deal with this myself.
Detox: Carol, while exceedingly uncomfortable and painful, narcotic withdrawal is usually not life threatening! nausea, vomiting, shivering, abdominal pain + diarrhea are all components. There are medications that can help with this. Often people will end up in the ER after attempting home detox for dehydration from vomiting/diarrhea. I recommend you come off your meds under MD supervision. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can i take gabapentin to ease opiate withdrawl symptoms then take Suboxone 24-36 hrs after my last dose of opiates?
See a Specialist: You need to see a pain specialist or a drug detox program. Both should be able to get you off the opiates. The fellowship trained pain specialist will have options for you to use or try interventions that may help relieve your pain while coming off opiates. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not per se: But may help with underlying psychiatric issues that many addicts have. ...Read more
Opiate withdrawal: It is good that you are trying to get off of chronic opiates. But it is an unpleasant reaction to go through. The best way is to do this with the assistance of an expert, like a pain medicine specialist. There are medications (eg., clonidine) that can lessen some of the symptoms without leading to another form of dependence. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does an opiate withdrawal last?
- How long does the opiate blocker in suboxone last?
- How long does opiate withdrawal last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does withdrawal symptoms last from opiates?
- How long does depression from opiate withdrawal last?
- How long will opiate withdrawal last?
- How long do opiate withdrawals last?
- Talk to a anesthesiologist online for free