Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Nausea Associated With Preeclampsia Last
Until you deliver: As above.Get a more detailed answer ›
Varies: It usually gets worse until you deliver! ...Read more
Up to 6 weeks: Sometimes abnormal placentas begin to breakdown at 20wks, leading to exposure of mom to some of dad's placental genes and lead to an "allergic" reaction where the vessels spasm and platelets are drawn away (thrombocytopenia). The spasm causes high BP, HA, liver dysfunction, vision changes, and protein in the urine; leads to maternal seizure, decreased baby growth, and sometimes placental abruption ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've had two classical incision c-sections. The last one i developed preeclampsia. I would love to have another child one day. Is it safe?
I wanna have kids after donating a kidney to my 18yr old bro. How long should I wait? I read 6 mnths online. Apart from preeclampsia what are risks?
Risks in Living Dnrs: Your brother is blessed to have a sister who loves him enough to donate a kidney. To answer your question, a recent Canadian study (NEJM 372: 124-133) did show that living donors were more likely to have gestational hypertension and pre-eclampsia. As for the ideal timing of pregnancy, no firm guideline exists but six months seem reasonable if no complication from the donor surgery occurred. ...Read more
Do uptodate protocols for severe preeclampsia in regards to delivery no longer apply if blood pressure goes down with medication?
Let's hear OB's: While I would defer this to my OB colleagues, my understanding is with SEVERE pre-eclampsia that delivery is still indicated even if blood pressure comes down. Blood pressure is not the only thing they are concerned about with this disorder, and if yours is severe as you elude to, I don't think just getting BP controlled would by the fix. Love to hear from OB colleagues! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does headaches associated with preeclampsia last?
- How long does rapid weight gain associated with preeclampsia last?
- How long does abdominal pain associated with preeclampsia last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does swelling of the face associated with preeclampsia last?
- How long does swollen ankles associated with preeclampsia last?
- How long does high blood pressure associated with preeclampsia last?
- How long does nausea associated with pregnancy last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online