Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Mono Last
Varies: Mononucleosis is a viral illness. It can last from a few days to several weeks to months. Rest, nutrition, and time are necessary for treatment. One can have a mild case or a more severe case to include a hepatitis. If not progressing, please follow up with your pcp or an infectious disease doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Awhile: The virus has incubation period of approximately four to six weeks.Signs and symptoms such as fever and sore throat usually lessen within a couple of weeks, although fatigue, enlarged lymph nodes and a swollen spleen may last for a few weeks longer.Mononucleosis may cause enlargement of the spleen. In extreme cases, your spleen may rupture. Sudden pain in left upper abdomen contact doctor. ...Read more
How long can mono symptoms last doc said i was recently exposed to it but i been having the symptoms for over 1year. Can it be something else? Nueuro?
Likely unrelated: Mono is usually a mild flu like illness in kids, but intensifies in older patients.In most it will run it's course in 3 weeks, in 10% it may take 3 mo and rare patients have significant complications.Conditions that used to be called a chronic mono and last a year or more have been found to have other origins. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I recently found out I had mono. (about 2 months ago) how long will symptoms last? Still very fatigued.
Dr assumed I had a false positive for Mono, & gave a z-pk for strep. I now have this horrible rash, how long does a z-pk induced rash last?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a sore throat last with mono?
- How long does breakthrough bleeding usually last?
- Duration of chlamydia after treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does fever associated with strep throat last?
- How long does pain from a ruptured ovarian cyst last?
- How long does an ear infection last in adults?
- How long does a shot of toradol last?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online