Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Mono Last
Varies: Mononucleosis is a viral illness. It can last from a few days to several weeks to months. Rest, nutrition, and time are necessary for treatment. One can have a mild case or a more severe case to include a hepatitis. If not progressing, please follow up with your pcp or an infectious disease doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Awhile: The virus has incubation period of approximately four to six weeks.Signs and symptoms such as fever and sore throat usually lessen within a couple of weeks, although fatigue, enlarged lymph nodes and a swollen spleen may last for a few weeks longer.Mononucleosis may cause enlargement of the spleen. In extreme cases, your spleen may rupture. Sudden pain in left upper abdomen contact doctor. ...Read more
How long can mono symptoms last doc said i was recently exposed to it but i been having the symptoms for over 1year. Can it be something else? Nueuro?
Mononucleosis: Mono (ebstein barr viral ebv infection) an recur or, rarely, become chronic, active ebv infection. If you continue to be ill, it would be important to rule out other possible infections with similar symptoms. There are tests to show:acute vs recurrent ebv. You may refer to the following mayo clinic reference: http://www.Cdc.Gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.Htm. Talk with your doctor about healthtap:). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a sore throat last with mono?
- How long do the symptoms of mono last?
- How long does mono take to show up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does osteoporosis last?
- How long does hemorrhoid last?
- How long does menapause last?
- How long does paraguard last?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online