Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Kidney Infection Pain Last
No specific time: Length of pain depends on how bad the infection is and how good your immune system is. It also depends on how sensitive the infection is to the antibiotics and how soon you start the antibiotics. The faster it gets treated or the milder the infection, the faster the pain goes away. ...Read more
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Been taking cipro for 7 days now for a kidney infection. 500mg 2x per day. I am still having kidney pain. How long should the pain last?
Up to a week: U should have had a kidney ultrasound or ct scan to evaluate problem, to demonstrate ? Inflammatory "stranding", stone, obstruction or pus. Latter 3 can all prolong problem & lengthen recovery time. Also need to know ur on appropriate antibiotic from initial urine culture. Prolonged recovery from uncomplicated kidney infection suggests ur on wrong antibiotic. ...Read more
Pyelonephritis: An infection of the kidney (pyelonephritis) results in severe back pain, high fever and nausea/vomiting. Unlike an infection only involving the bladder, the ascension of bacteria into the kidney is a dangerous event. Since the kidney is swollen, it may take a few weeks for your back pain to get better. If you are referring to a bladder infection, the urgency/frequency and pain improves in a week. ...Read more
Until you die from a: Blood born infection if untreated.Get a more detailed answer ›
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does back pain last with kidney infection?
- How long does back pain associated with kidney stones last?
- How long does sudden groin pain associated with kidney stones last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does flank pain associated with kidney stones last?
- How long does pain last when you have a kidney stone attack?
- How long does abdominal pain associated with amniotic infection last?
- How long does a kidney infection last?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online