Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Jaundice Associated With Hellp Syndrome Last
Depends on Cause: "hellp" is an abbreviation of three main features of this syndrome: hemolysis elevated liver enzymes low platelet count this condition is a form of pre-eclampsia during childbearing. Visual changes may stem from different causes such as corneal or macular edema which may be more temporary or retinal breaks/detachments which may be more severe and permanent. Best to see your eye md! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Jaundice is the accumulation in the body of bilirubin. Normally it is excreted by the liver, via the bile. For a lot of different reasons, sometimes the bilirubin can accumulate. The most common reasons are a problem with the liver or the bile duct. This can make the skin and/or the whites of the eyes turn yellow. If this occurs, see your ...Read more
Normal usually.: Unless your liver has completely shut down (fulminant liver failure with or without liver capsule hematoma) and/or your placenta has abrupted, your coagulation tests aptt/pt/inr should remain normal. Your platelet count and bleeding time may be increased though. Expert care and prompt dleivery are warranted regardless of gestational age. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: You can have a healthy pregnancy with hellp syndrome. Your doctor will work hard to safely get you as far along in the pregnancy as possible. Medicine has come a long way! ideally, we like 4 babies to make it as close to 40 weeks as possible. But if your doctor decides it is safer for the baby to be delivered, depending on your little one's gestational age, he or she maybe fine. Be positive! ...Read more
Nope: Hellp syndrome is specific to pregnancy. Certainly there are liver and blood problems that may look like hellp but aren't in non-pregnant people. By definition, you have to be pregnant or recently (last 6 months) been pregnant to have hellp. For those of you that don't know, hellp is a complication of pregnancy where the blood counts get very low and the liver starts to malfunction. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does abdominal pain associated with hellp syndrome last?
- How long does swelling of the face associated with hellp syndrome last?
- How long does pain below sternum associated with hellp syndrome last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does jaundice associated with neonatal jaundice last?
- How long does jaundice associated with cholelithiasis last?
- How long does jaundice associated with normal 01 wk last?
- How long does jaundice associated with hepatitis b last?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free