Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Usually Take For Someone To Get Addicted To Tobacco
Can u get addicted to tobacco through 2nd smoking if around for only a couple of minutes at one time?
Yes: Stop.Get a more detailed answer ›
Treat any addiction: By increasing your motivation to change. Keep a log of use pattern, identify consequences, list reasons to change, rate motivation for each reason (0-10) & develop those 8+, build confidence by listing your success in overcoming challenges, describe benefits of change, set goals, develop a plan, measure progress, & work with supportive people & knowledgeable professionals. Search "stop smoking". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Get help stopping: If you are truly motivated to stop, there are many programs that can help. Contact the american lung assocation in your area (1-800-quit-now). Medication treatment and group support are available. For some people, hypnosis and acupuncture are helpful, for others nicotine replacement therapy, buproprion (zyban or wellbutrin) and varenicline (chantix), together with support program, help a lot. ...Read more
Yes: Yes, you can become dependent on second-hand smoke if you are exposed to it regularly. In addition, you can become dependent on smokeless tobacco. Smokeless tobacco (dip, chew) can cause cancer of the mouth, decay in exposed tooth roots. It may also cause pancreatic cancer, heart disease, and stroke. ...Read more
Tobacco Addiction: The addiction to chewing tobacco and smoking tobacco is to the same chemical, mainly nicotine. The nicotine from either source acts on the same pathways of the brain regardless of how it enters the body. Both forms of tobacco use cause cancer and take many lives each year. ...Read more
Very quickly: Because smokeless tobacco is held between the cheek and gum it is absorbed very quickly into the blood stream in very high concentrations. It is the difference between alcohol abuse and IV drug use, the latter is more potent and more quickly addictive like smokeless tobacco. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for an inner ear infection to get better?
- How long does it take for oxycodone to get out of your system?
- How long does it take to get mouth cancer from chewing tobacco?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for marijuana to get out of your system?
- How long does it usually take to get back a hair follicle test result?
- How long does it take for chewing tobacco to cause oral cancer?
- How long does it usually take for a back strain muscle to heal?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free