Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Usually Take A Tendon To Repair Its Self
6-8 weeks: Tendons are slow to heal and subject to rupture due to their tenuous blood supply. However it is felt that early protected movement is necessary to minimize adhesions and loss of function. It is essential to maintain close follow up with your surgeon and therapist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If shoulder tendons have been badly worn but not torn, do they repair over time and if so how long roughly can this take ?
Outpatient.: The surgery is probably outpatient, and should take an hour or so, depending on how much work the surgeon needs to do. The healing and rehab will take 3-4 months. ...Read more
6 months: Approx 6 months depending on the technique. ...Read more
Progressive: Different surgeons have varying protocols which all may be acceptable. Usually there is some form of immobilization for close to 3 months. By 6 months most patients are able to resume most of there activities but it can easily take a year to be "fully recovered". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A full recovery: Can take a year to recover.Get a more detailed answer ›
Weeks to months: Weeks to months.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends: Some tendon can be torn and heal with immobilization. Some tendons require surgery to put the tendon ends together for proper healing to take place. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does the laceration repair take?
- How long does it take for nerves to repair?
- How long does it take for nerves to repair themselves?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it usually take to recover from a stroke?
- How long does it usually takes for a kidney stone to pass?
- How long does it usually take to recover from viral pericarditis?
- How long does the egg retrieval process usually take?
- How long does it usually take for aphasia to recover?