Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Usually Take A Metacarpal Fracture To Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
How long does it take a small hairline fracture take to heal in metacarpal area of hand in an active 25 yr old?
Fracture in the base of lower metacarpal on right hand. How is this treated and how long would it take to recover?
Splint, 6 weeks: Fractures of the metacarpal are common, but usually not serious. Typically a plaster, fiberglass, or plastic splint are used to rest the injured area. Fractures take around 6 weeks to heal. However, since we use our hands so much, it is difficult to rest them completely, and they seem to bother us much longer than injuires in other areas. ...Read more
? Boxers' fracture: The commonest fracture of the 5th metacarpal is that of it's neck and is also known as the boxers' fracture. It can be easily handled as an office procedure by your hand surgeon. Other fractures may need surgical repair by placing plates and screws. Average healing time is usually 6-8 weeks but for a lot of hand fractures the splint/cast is only half that time and then rehabilitation is started. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I am suffered 2nd metacarpal fracture since weeks. I am a athletic. I do exercise push up pull up.when i will heal time and do practice..plz tell me?
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it usually take a radial fracture to heal?
- How long does it usually take a broken hand to heal?
- How long does it take for a big toe fracture to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a wrist fracture to heal?
- How long does it take a hairline fracture of the spine to heal?
- How long does it take to heal from a pelvis fracture?
- How long does it usually take for a back strain muscle to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free