Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Typically Take For A Sunburn To Go Away
Keep sunburn cool w: Moist cool/cold compresses. Avoid alcohol containing products. Break off pieces of aloe vera plant & apply sap to skin. Consider non-steroidal anti-inflammatory meds to reduce pain. Don’t yank off peeling skin or burst blisters. Seek med care for severe pain, fever, lack of improvement of symptoms within several days or if a large surface area is blistered. May take a week or more to heal. ...Read more
I have a sunburn. It hurts pretty bad. One how long will it take the pain to go away? Second how do I know how bad it is?
Instructions: Bad sunburns developing blisters, and you need to go to Doctor ASAP to avoid scars. If it just painful erythema/redness you can use for example Aloe Vera cream or lotion multiple time a day and Advil (ibuprofen) or Motrin. It take 1-3 days to get better. Drink a lot of fluids as well. ...Read more
Two days to One Week: The location of sunburn and your skin type determine the duration. Face sunburns can fade within 2-3 days while backs, chest, and arms can take a week. It is most important to avoid repeated sunburns as this can prolong recovery and add to skin cancer risk. A sunburn is a wake up call to remind you that your skin should not go unprotected in the future. See a dermatologist if your not healed. ...Read more
Sunburn: Bad sunburns which result in small amounts of blistering could take a week or two to resolve. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for sunburns to go away?
- How long does it typically take for interstitial cystitis to go away?
- How long does it typically take acid reflux to go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for hemorrhoids to go away?
- How long does it take for inflammation to go away?
- How long does it take thrush to go away?
- How long does it take for heartburn to go away?
- Talk to a dermatologist online