Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Typically Take For A Hairline Fracture To Heal
8 to 12 weeks: A standard fractured bone that is in place without major displacement takes 8 to 12 weeks to heal in a healthy person with proper immobilization. Smoking, diabetes, osteoporosis, and other chronic conditions can prolong or delay this healing. Premature mobilization or weight bearing on the extremity could also cause delayed or non healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
How long does it take for a hairline fracture to heal if the fracture is on the tip of the big toe?
6 weeks: Approximately 6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
Weeks to months: The healing time of fractures in ribs and other bones depends on displacement of fracture fragments. If no displacement fracture usually heals the quickest. Rib fractures if not displaced are one of fastest healing fractures. Hairline fracture is nondisplaced fracture.Healing begins in 10 days and usually compete by couple months. ...Read more
How long would it take for a hairline fracture in the malleolus to heal? And would it be possible for me to play basketball in 2 weeks?
At least 6 weeks: Fractures typically take at least 6 weeks to heal. I personally would keep you out of basketball for 10 - 12 weeks, depending on x-ray findings. ...Read more
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for hairline fractures to heal?
- How long does a scaphoid fracture typically take to heal?
- How long does it take a hairline fracture of the spine to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a hairline wrist fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture to heal in the ankle?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture to heal in the wrist?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the wrist to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free