Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Typically Take A Deep Bone Bruise To The Hand To Heal
3-4 weeks: Moat bruises take 3-4 weeks to resolve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bruises, or ecchymoses, are a discoloration and tenderness of the skin or mucous membranes due to the leakage of blood from an injured blood vessel into the tissues. Pupura refers to bruising as the result of a disease condition. A very small bruise is called a petechia. These often appear as many tiny red dots clustered together, and could ...Read more
2-4 weeks: It takes awhile for these types of contusions to heel completely...About 2-4 weeks. ...Read more
Highly variable: Deep knee bruises (contusions) have a highly variable recovery timeframe. Not all bruises about the knee are the same. Important variables inlcude: actual location of bruise; level of impacting force applied to cause bruise; whether or not overlying articular cartilage is involved. Best diagnosed and followed by routine mri. Seek evaluation and treatment from your orthopaedic surgeon for your knee. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Gradually return...: You may work your way back as your swelling/ pain decreases, you regain full motion, & strength. Also, expect that returning to certain activities may be more difficult than others. Part of this will be based on whether you have injured your dominant/non-dominant wrist & your position. If you have persistent symptoms, consider additional imaging, such as an mri, to r/o soft tissue injury. ...Read more
Bone Bruise: Bone bruises are compression injuries. They can occur from falls, sports injuries and accidents. Bone bruises can be very painful and they often take weeks to several months to heal. As the injury needs time to heal, individuals with a bone bruise must cope with the discomfort during this time. ...Read more
Healing Help: With injury to tissues, inflammation (red, hot, swelling, tenderness) occurs. There is leakage of blood from damaged capillaries and veins which collects under the skin and causes the purple blue coloring we call a bruise. Over time, damaged tissues heal and blood collections are reabsorbed slowly. Protect the area to promote fastest healing. Motrin/advil may help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a fractured bone on the hand take to heal?
- How long does it take a bruised hand nerve to heal?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long does it usually take a broken hand to heal?
- How long does it take for broken hand bones to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take for injured soft tissue in the hand to heal?
- How long does it take a hairline fracture of the spine to heal?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free