Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Show Signs Of Tetanus After Being Exposed
If you got rust in a scratch that didnt bleed can u get tetanus? If so how long does it take to show symptoms? No booster since childhood
How long does it take for tetanus to show symptoms? Been a little over 8 days since scratch by rusty scouring pad
A day or two: Most of the time, side effects are a mild swelling and a dull ache that sets in later that day and continues for 2-3 days afterwards. Sometimes a fever develops that night or the next day. Other shots may have delayed side effects but the tetanus vaccine side effects set in fairly quickly. ...Read more
Immunizations: It usually takes about two weeks to increase immunity. ...Read more
3-21 Days: Per the cdc website, "the incubation period – time from exposure to illness – is usually 3–21 days (average 10 days)". Please see the cdc site for more details: http://www.Cdc.Gov/tetanus/about/. And please seek medical care if you have any of the symptoms listed on the site. Prompt treatment is important. ...Read more
If you get an anti tetanus shot how long does it last? I mean how long before you have to take another one?
Tetanus Shot: A series of shots are given during childhood, but thereafter a booster shot is needed every 10 years, but as a practical matter, when I see people in the urgent care center with wounds or punctures, I recommend a booster if they cannot remember when they last had a booster. Better to be safe than sorry. ...Read more
2 or 3 days: 2 or 3 days.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to show symptoms of swine flu after being exposed?
- How long does it take to get the stomach flu after being exposed?
- How long does it take to get the flu after being exposed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to show signs of pregnancy?
- How long does it take to get pink eye after exposed?
- How long does it take to get stomach flu after exposed?
- How long does it take for a baby to show signs of pertussis?
- Talk to a pediatrician online