Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To See The Benefits Of Immunotherapy
Immunotherapy is also known as Allergy shots. Encompasses subcutaneous, patch or sublingual treatment with increasing amounts of specific allergen. Used for allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, and hymenoptera hypersensitivity (and in ongoing trials for food allergy). Specific IgE-mediated disease must be proven. Indications are lack of symptom control despite medication/avoidance, reduce risk of anaphylaxis, or ...Read more
5 years: Most people see results in as little as 9-12 months, and nearly maximum results by three years, and a full course of therapy is 5 years. Symptoms often start to come back three to five years after stopping immunotherapy, so some patients prefer to continue the shots for much longer than 5 years. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Length of time: It might for maximum results but often you can start to expeeience benefits after just a few months. ...Read more
IVIG: Intravenous immunoglobulins (ivig) is passive therapy whereby an infusion provides the necessary immune proteins to fight infection if there is a b cell deficiency or a deficiency in b cell derived immune proteins. Ivig infusions contain immunoglobulins that provide temporary immunity. The infusions have to be repeated every 4 weeks or so. They can even be given subcutaneously in the home. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cyclosporine: Cyclosporine is a immunosuppressant drug, not a immunotherapy. Immunosuppressant suppresses your immune system ; is used in organ transplant to suppress rejection. It is also used in some autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis. Immunotherapy means differently. Allergy immunotherapy uses allergens that you are allergic to in order to desensitize you from that allergen. ...Read more
Allergic to dust. Immunotherapy 10yrs ago improved athsma&sinus. Now PM sinus/nasal congestion worsening. Using Nasonex&montelukast. OK long term?
3-4 days: 3-4 days with adequate dose.Get a more detailed answer ›
2to5 hours: You may see benefits of acid suppression starting in 2to5 hours ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a cavity to reach the pulp of a tooth?
- How long does it take to begin feeling the effects of prozac?
- How long does it take a hairline fracture of the spine to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to reverse the effects of smoking?
- How long does it take to feel the effects of vitamin d supplements?
- How long does it take for the first symptoms of the mumps to show up?
- How long does it take for gluten to get out of the body in children with celiac disease?
- Talk to an allergist online for free