Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To See Clearly After Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasek is a modified version of prk, where dilute alcohol is used to loosen the epithelium. The epithelium is slid to the side, and an excimer laser is used to reshape the cornea to eliminate myopia, hyperopia, and/or astigmatism. Then - the epithelial layer is repositioned over the cornea, and a bandage contact lens is placed. The epithelium will typical heal over ...Read more
10-15 minutes: The surgery is not about speed, but outcomes. If the surgeon and patient are comfortable and everything is working well, this is a very fast procedure. I encourage patients to rest after the procedure so don't plan to attend any other activities for remainder of day. Its a little more involved them getting your teeth cleaned or hair cut. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could: yes, it could last for a long time. It depends on patient eye and health condition. It can be more stable up to 40 yrs old. Then the person may need reading glasses due to decrease accommodative power. If the person develops cataract then vision and refraction may change after 50. It can regress towards myopia. If its over corrected it may become hyperopic(farsighted) with time. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after cataract surgery can you see clearly?
- Lasik eye surgery how long does it last
- How long does it take to heal after lasik?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for nerves to heal after lasik?
- How long does it take for my eyes to heal after lasik?
- How long does it take after eye dilation?
- How long for eye to heal after lasik?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free