Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Regain Your Voice After Laryngitis
Possibly 1-2 weeks.: Many things, like throat infections/viral infections can cause laryngitis. It takes time to recover the voice, like 1+ weeks, and it recovers usually when the illness subsides/resolves. You might benefit from a visit to an otolaryngologist (an ear, nose, and throat doctor) for vocal cord/speech therapy, or see your regular doctor for correct direction. ...Read more
Depends: Acute laryngitis by definition lasts less than 3 weeks, its origin can be infectious or non-infectious, chronic conditions are more difficult to treat and happen mostly to middle age folks. Your voice should start to improve within a week, but can take much longer, depending on the cause... ...Read more
Laryngitis: Everyone heals at different rates, the best way to help get your voice back when the cords are inflammed from infection is voice rest. No talking! ...Read more
Check larynx : A laryngologist should see you and perform a stroboscopy to help answer this question. Most voice rest does little but, if there is a lesion on the larynx, you may need to rest it. ...Read more
Laryngitis, what can I take or do from home to get my voice back and loosen flem/mucus. Loosing voice?
How long does laryngitis last from a virus? I've had it for 11 days now. Couldn't talk at first, gotten better now but voice is still bit croaky. Tx?
Severe laryngitis for 5 days, voice recovered but still weak 1.5 weeks later.Ent saw no problems with scope.How long for voice to strengthen? I teach
Hard to say: No pun intended, initially. A cold lasts 10 to 14 days, and this was most likely viral, so you're still really in the middle of it. The fact your voice recovered means you are on the mend. Take good care of yourself these next few days, hopefully by monday you feel better. Part of the reason you lost your voice is you use it a lot, as a teacher. Be sure to rest your voice this weekend. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to recover your voice after having laryngitis?
- How long does it take to regain your voice?
- How long after exposure to strep does it take your body to feel its symptoms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for your skin to feel normal after a tummy tuck?
- How long does it take to ovulate after your period?
- How long does it take to change your body after working out?
- How long after quitting smoking does it take your lungs to heal?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online