Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Recover From Wrist Fracture Operation
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Variable: Typically acute swelling and pain resolves over 4-6 weeks. Reactive swelling and discomfort can persist for 4 months. Final end point in terms of return to "normal" is usually 8-12 months. These are typical time frames and there is a degree of variability based on use, type of fracture, and other medical problems. ...Read more
About 6 wks: If the wrist is pinned, it will be fairly strong after surgery, but in most cases one will not want to use it a lot for about 6 weeks. It can be different from surgery to surgery, however, and the orthopedic surgeon doing the surgery can provide the best advice. In most cases, physical therapy will be prescribed to speed and improve recovery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
3-6 months: For most surgically treated wrist fractures, one begins to increase their activity level on a progressive basis beginning early in the recovery. However, the bone can take as much as 3 months to heal and then recovering strength, motion, coordination and endurance can take longer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long after surgery to fix a fractured wrist plate and screw fixation can you drive a manual car?
I had duel scaphoid, arm and hand fractures in 2003. I had surgery on the right wrist and hand. What kind of long term pain should I expect?
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to recover from claw toe operations?
- How long does it take to recover from a fractured patella?
- How long does it take to fully recover from a broken wrist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take your body to recover from prednisone?
- How long does it take to recover from a broken tibia typically?
- How long does it take to heal from c1 and c2 fracture?
- How long does it take to recover from surgery appendectomy?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free