Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Recover From Triple Bypass Heart Surgery
Weeks to Months: You will be home usually within a week but rehabilitation is a big part of recovery and it will take several more weeks before you feel 100%. The sternotomy will be sore until it fully heals. In addition, if you had a vein harvest from the legs, it takes several weeks for these wounds to heal. Overall it takes a month or two before you feel fully recovered. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Open intervention on the heart to correct congenital cardiac anomalies, repair replace heart valves, ascending aortic dissection repair, coronary bypass, heart transplant, surgical removal of heart tumors, ventricular assist devices, cox maze procedures to cure atrial fibrillation, repair of trauma to the heart. Repair of iatrogenic injuries to heart, heart-lung ...Read more
It really depends: Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. A bypass surgery does not cure you of coronary artery disese. You can form new blockages in your arteries or even the bypass grafts. Arterial grafts like mammary arteries tend to last a long time. Vein grafts often last about 7-10 yrs. Have you quit smoking and watched your diet? All of these things are improtant. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Depends: The symptoms or signs lead to cardiac catheterization and definition of the anatomy which may be suitable for cabg. Full risks, benefits and options should be presented to you. Depending on the symptoms, severity, anatomy the procedure should be done sooner than later. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
How "easy" is triple bypass heart surgery for surgeons? Is it routine, or a fairly complex thing? Thank you.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to recover from open heart surgery?
- How long does it take to recover from bypass surgery?
- How long does it take to fully recover from open heart surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to recover from surgery appendectomy?
- How long does it take to recover from plantar fasciitis surgery?
- How long does it typically take to recover from key hole surgery?
- How long does it take to recover from gallbladder surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online