Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Recover From Claw Toe Operations
Second toes (longer than big toe) both slightly curved towards smaller toes not hammertoe or claw toe?
Pain/shoe irritation: Claw toes are the contracture of both joints in a toe. Symptoms can include the top of the toe rubbing in the shoe and/or the tip of the toe becoming painful or callusing due to abnormal pressure. Padding can be helpful, but surgery may be necessary depending on severity of symptom/problem. Foothealthfacts.Org. Dr l. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Contracture: Each of the smaller toes in your foot has two joints (or knuckles). They are the proximal interphalangeal joint (this is the one closest the main part of the foot) and the distal interphalangeal joint (closest to the end of the toe). When both of these joints are contracted, you have a claw toe. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Contracted toes: Claw toe is a buckling of the toe(s). The toe is in a "c" shape. Sometimes it can be flexible(you can straighten it out). Other times it can be rigid(won't straighten out). This is a structural deformity. Conservative care consists a taller toebox shoe. Some padding can help with symptoms. Usually surgical straightening is needed if conservative care is not successful. Dr l. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Bent toe.: People can get hammertoes several different ways, including just an unlucky roll of the genetic dice, but the fundamental result is usually the same: a toe that has drawn back and no longer sits straight or "flat". Sometimes it's only a tendon that holds the toe in that position, other times there's arthritis involved: these tend to be more rigid, and require surgery if you want them corrected. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to recover from wrist fracture operation?
- How long does it take to recover from a broken fibula typically?
- How long does it take your body to recover from prednisone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to recover from surgery appendectomy?
- How long does it typically take to recover from a hip flexor strain?
- How long does it take to recover from strep throat?
- How long does it take to recover from triple bypass heart surgery?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free