Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Recover From Claw Toe Operations
There are three joints in each toe 2 thru 5. The joints are; MPJ, PIP J, and the DI PJ. A claw toe is a fixed contraction at the DIPJ. The MPJ (metatarsal phalangeal joint) is the joints close to the ball of the foot at the base of the toe. The joint at the middle of the toe is the PIPJ (proximal interphalangeal joint), The joint toward the end of the toe is the ...Read more
Second toes (longer than big toe) both slightly curved towards smaller toes not hammertoe or claw toe?
Bent toe.: People can get hammertoes several different ways, including just an unlucky roll of the genetic dice, but the fundamental result is usually the same: a toe that has drawn back and no longer sits straight or "flat". Sometimes it's only a tendon that holds the toe in that position, other times there's arthritis involved: these tend to be more rigid, and require surgery if you want them corrected. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Pain/shoe irritation: Claw toes are the contracture of both joints in a toe. Symptoms can include the top of the toe rubbing in the shoe and/or the tip of the toe becoming painful or callusing due to abnormal pressure. Padding can be helpful, but surgery may be necessary depending on severity of symptom/problem. Foothealthfacts.Org. Dr l. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Contracted toes: Claw toe is a buckling of the toe(s). The toe is in a "c" shape. Sometimes it can be flexible(you can straighten it out). Other times it can be rigid(won't straighten out). This is a structural deformity. Conservative care consists a taller toebox shoe. Some padding can help with symptoms. Usually surgical straightening is needed if conservative care is not successful. Dr l. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to recover from wrist fracture operation?
- How long does a hernia operation take to recover from?
- How long could it take to recover from carpal tunnel operation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to recover from alcohol?
- How long does it take to recover from overtraining?
- How long does it take to recover from a stroke?
- How long does it take to recover from a hysterectomy?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free