Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Lower Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Few days: You will have some effect early on, but will have to wait at least 5-7 days to see the true effect of the medication. ...Read more
3-4 days: For maximal effect.Get a more detailed answer ›
About an hour: It takes time for the medicine to be absorbed from the GI tract. Generally, you can expect to start seeing the effect after an hour. However, you will need to take the medicine daily for the medicine to reach its maximum effect after about 2 weeks. ...Read more
Relatively quickly.: Effects are typically seen within 7-10 days in most people. ...Read more
Depends: After starting labetalol, you should detect improvement in your BP within 1-2 weeks. If your BP remains elevated, you may require a higher dose. This should be followed closely by your obstetrician. Pregnancy and high blood pressure are not "good bed fellows". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Time diuretic effect: In general a diuretic will lower the BP within 2 weeks if your BP is diuretic responsive. This will depend on how much salt you eat as well. I recommend trying the DASH eating plan see check list to test if your BP is diet sensitive first.Takes only 2 weeks but check with your team or consult me for more details. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take high blood pressure to cause brain attack?
- How long does it take to lower blood sugar?
- How long will it take to lower my blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How much sodium does it take to lower blood pressure?
- How long does it take to reduce blood pressure?
- How long does it take to lower blood sugar level?
- How long does it take to reduce blood pressure with exercise?
- Talk to a cardiologist online