Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Pneumonia
I was diagnosed with Bronchitis(Could have been pneumonia). i was prescribed Cefdinir. How come the symptoms of bronchitis take so long to get rid of?
Bronchitis blues: Depending on the germ that caused the bronchitis and you, the patient, symptoms of something like that can vary. Not sure if your doc 'nailed' the etiology of the cough -if it was pertussis, then that cough can last for weeks. Conversely, if you have 'reactive airways'--something like asthma or sensitivity in the breathing tubes, you could cough for a while as well. Call ur doc if not better soon. ...Read more
A while: I presume you are feeling better, the fever should be improved, though cough is milder. If that is the case then you are getting better. Many people have residual cough and fatigue for several weeks after. In my experience most people are not back to normal for about 6 weeks. But it is pretty variable. If you are not any better, go back to see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had pneumonia and it went away but there is still a cough. Is this normal? How do I get rid of this annoying cough?
Maybe: "walking pneumonia" typically refers to pneumonia that results in mild symptoms - hence the ability to "walk" rather than be in bed. These can be caused by bacteria or viruses. If a bacteria is the cause then an antibiotic like Levaquin (levofloxacin) or zithromax may be of help and might reduce length of infection. However, they will do nothing for a virus. ...Read more
Can bronchitis turn into pneumonia if I have side pains, backaches, and can't get rid of my cold but yet I am on medicines?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to get over pneumonia?
- How long does it take to get rid of trichomoniasis?
- How long does it take to get rid of lice?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to get rid of cellulitis?
- How long does it take to get rid of parasites?
- How long does it take to get rid of acne?
- How long does it take to get rid of scars?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free