Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Pink Eye
Viral conjunctivitis: Pink eye is almost always caused by a virus. True bacterial conjunctivitis is actually extremely rare. Because of this antibiotics typically do not help pink eye and unfortunately you just have to let it run it's course. Lubricating drops and sometimes steroid drops can help with your symptoms. That being said there are many causes of a red eye and you should see your eye dr for further evaluatio. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Give it some time: Unfortunately, pink eye is caused by the common cold virus. As such, there is no medication or treatment that is proven to help speed up recovery. Your best option is to use artificial tear drops every hour or so in order to flush extra virus from the surface of your eye. This has been shown to speed recovery by a couple of days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pink eye: Pink eye (conjunctivitis) refers to redness on the white of the eye and the insides of the lids caused by irritation, allergy, infection and others (glaucoma, etc). Irritation or foreign body just needs irrigation of the eye with clean water. Allergy, - antihistamines. Bacterial infection - antibiotics. Viral - antibiotics plus steroid eye drops. Ophthalmologists usually prescribe steroid eye drop. ...Read more
Depends on the cause: If you have viral conjunctivitis, it may take up to a couple of weeks, but a red eye doesn't necessarily mean its viral conjunctivitis (aka "pinkeye"). Could be allergies, dry eye or lid inflammation, for instance. I would try some artificial tears and if its not any better, see an ophthalmologist to determine the cause. I would be wary of "get the red out" drops since they can be addictive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to get rid of gonorrhea?
- How long does it take to get rid of pinworms?
- How long does it take to get rid of bronchitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to get rid of dandruff?
- How long does it take to get rid of pneumonia?
- How long does it take to get rid of head lice in a child?
- How long does it usually take to get rid of cellulitis in your hand?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free