Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Dandruff
How long does it take for flucinonide .05% solution to get rid of moderate to severe case of dandruff?
You can shampoo ever: Every day. Use a conditioning rinse if you like. Head ; shoulders make zinc pyrethium ; selenium shampoos. Selsun (selenium sulfide). Nizoral (ketoconazole) are popular. The generics are similar but cheaper. Ther are also tar shampoos ; salycilic acid shampoos to try. Ok to shampoo every day. See a dermatologist if this fails. You can also find Hydrocortisone solution to apply after shampoo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've had dandruff for a long time and now red marks are started to show up, how do I get rid of these marks?!
How to get rid of scalp dandruff? Facing since long, using head and shoulders but no any significant change.
Dandruff: Dandruff can be caused by dry skin, irritated, oily skin (seborrheic dermatitis), not shampooing often enough, psoriasis, eczema, sensitivity to hair care products (contact dermatitis), or even a yeast-like fungus (malassezia). When regular shampoos fail, otc dandruff shampoos may succeed. But dandruff shampoos aren't all alike, and you may need to experiment until you find one that works for you. ...Read more
Scruff B Gone: Antifungal shampoos (tea tree oil, selenium sulfide 2.5%, Ketoconazole 2%, ciclopirox 1%, coal tar, salicylic acid, and sulfur]. Prescription taclonex, steroid lotion. Dr. Westfried says, "home remedies are Aspirin dissolved in olive oil to loosen scales and tea tree oil a dewdrops mixed with shampoo. Make sure that is not scalp psoriasis which is thicker and harder to treat." good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to get rid of gonorrhea?
- How long does it take to get rid of pinworms?
- How long does it take to get rid of bronchitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to get rid of pink eye?
- How long does it take to get rid of pneumonia?
- How long does it take to get rid of head lice in a child?
- How long does it usually take to get rid of cellulitis in your hand?
- Talk to a dermatologist online