Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Die After You Get Botulism
Depends...: The severity and time to recover from this toxin- induced neurological disease varies on the amount of toxin ingested and the time of toxin. Serotype a is generally more severe than the other usual types, b and e. It can be days to months. Also the rapid use of antitoxin can assist in lowering the time to recovery. ...Read more
BOTULISM: Moist heat at 120 degrees for 30 mins. Will kill the spores. ...Read more
How long after battling foodborne botulism, clostridial sepsis, and ARDS will i begin feeling normal again, and regain strength?
It can be awhile: You should discuss your specific situation with your doctors. In general people can have abnormalities of muscle strength, stress related problems, abnormalities in breathing tests for prolonged periods of time after critical illness, even many months, depending on the specific problems they faced in the icu. This should really be discussed with your physicians. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Food & wounds: Botulism is caused by a toxin made by the c. Botulinum bacteria. In adults, botulism is usually caused by eating contaminated food (improperly prepared canned or fermented foods) or when a wound gets contaminated by the bacteria. Infant botulism can happen in the first year of life--risk factors include eating honey and exposure to contaminated soil. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No honey for infants: Most cases of botulism happen in infancy, and the spores of the clostridium bacteria produce a toxin that can be found in canned foods and honey, so that's why we don't recommend giving honey to babies less than a year old. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
BOTULISM: It comes from ingestion of home canned or smoked foods containing the toxin . Not from wine because it is anaerobic bacillus found in soil. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after sex does it take to get pregnant?
- How long does it take to die after an overdose?
- How long does it take to get pregnant after stopping nuvaring?
- How long does it take to get diarrhea after eating?
- How long does it take to get your period after a d and c?
- How long does it take to get pregnant after my period?
- How long does it take to get oral cancer if you catch hpv at 25y?
- How long does it take to get pink eye after being exposed to it?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free