Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Die After You Get Botulism
Depends...: The severity and time to recover from this toxin- induced neurological disease varies on the amount of toxin ingested and the time of toxin. Serotype a is generally more severe than the other usual types, b and e. It can be days to months. Also the rapid use of antitoxin can assist in lowering the time to recovery. ...Read more
Potatoe from dinner last night sat out for around an hour before it was refrigerated, I had some for breakfast, I'm scared I'll get botulism and die?
BOTULISM: Moist heat at 120 degrees for 30 mins. Will kill the spores. ...Read more
Food & wounds: Botulism is caused by a toxin made by the c. Botulinum bacteria. In adults, botulism is usually caused by eating contaminated food (improperly prepared canned or fermented foods) or when a wound gets contaminated by the bacteria. Infant botulism can happen in the first year of life--risk factors include eating honey and exposure to contaminated soil. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to die after an overdose?
- How long does it take for you to get pregnant after stopping the pill?
- How long does it take for you to get pregnant after an abortion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take you to get pregnant after intercourse?
- How long does it take you to get pregnant after stopping the pill?
- How long does it take for you to get pregnant after the depo shot?
- Once you quit dialysis how long does it typically take to die
- Talk to a pediatrician online