Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Cure A Uti
A urinary tract infection (often called UTI) is most commonly caused by bacteria and usually refers to an infection in the bladder. Not all bacteria that grows from the urine represents an infection, so the need for antibiotics is determined by your ...Read more
Need right remedy: With the correct homeopathic remedy, you should have some relief from symptoms like burning and urgency, etc within a few hours. Sometimes multiple doses are needed. If you've had multiple uti's it's best to be seen by an experienced homeopath to review your case & pick the right remedy. If no relief after 2-3 doses, it's the wrong remedy. Also use cranberry & d-mannose. If fever, see md. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Often forever: Water drinking is not cure, although it certainly helps. ...Read more
UTI: Rocephin - Ceftriaxone - is a parenteral antibiotic, only can be given IV or IM. Most simple UTIs need only an oral antibiotic, and 3 days is often enough. Usually, there would be no indication for a parenteral antibiotic unless you have a complicated and/or resistant infection. In that case, you may need a longer course of treatment, too. ...Read more
If treated: Within 24-48 hours. If you are not better and you are on treatment, be rechecked. All the best. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to cure a uti at home?
- How long does it take to cure a uti with antibiotics?
- How long does it take to cure a uti without antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a uti to heal with antibiotics?
- How long does it take a uti to go away on antibiotics?
- How long does it take for a uti to clear up with antibiotics?
- How long does it take to cure a yeast infection?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free