Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take To Catch The Stomach Flu
If I was around someone who had the stomach flu 3 days ago, how long would it take for me to catch it. I'm so scared?
Depends: Norovirus is the most common viral cause of "stomach flu" or gastroenteritis. Exposure can result in illness within 24 hours. Other causes of gastroenteritis like bacteria can take several days. Handwashing and food safety can help prevent spread of illnesses like these. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more
How long does it take to become sick after being exposed to the stomach flu. it's been almost 4 days and I haven't caught it yet but worried ?
Can I catch the stomach flu from being around a baby that wasn't sick until the next day after I played with him?
Avoid Stomach Flu: > Wash your hands before touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Wash wi warm water & soap for 20 seconds. Hand-sanitizer doesn't kill Norovirus. Use paper towel to turn off faucet & open door when exiting a public restroom. Antiseptic wipes can be used on doorknobs, keyboards & other surfaces if diluted bleach is not available. Wash dishes in dishwasher (vice hand-washing). Clean clothes which may > ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A few days or more: Most stomach viruses last a few days. A few such as rota virus can last a week or longer. Regardless of duration, if a stomach virus makes you dehydrated that can hurt you. And if you are vomiting green bile, or blood, or have bloody diarrhea, or severe stomach pains, you should see a doctor right away. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Getting the stomach flu after exposure
- How long does it take to get stomach flu after exposed?
- How long does it take to get over a stomach flu?
- How long does it take for stomach flu symptoms to show?
- How long does it take for stomach flu to go away?
- How long does it take to get the stomach flu after being exposed?
- How long does it take to catch a cold after exposure?
- How long does it take for flu to go away?
- How long does it take to catch pink eye?