Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take My Cornea To Grow Back
About 1-4 days: It depends on the size of the scratch. Uncomplicated small scratches or abrasions can heal in 24 hours. The entire corneal surface can heal in 3-4 days. If there is infection, chemical burn, or other significant disease, though, all bets are off. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Typically, 24 hours: The cornea turns over new cells every 24 hours, so typically a scratch will heal withing 24-48 hours, depending on how deep the scratch may be. You also need to be concerned that there is still not a foreign body present in the eye or the eye becomes infected. If your vision is affected, the pain increases, symptoms not improving, the eye is getting more red or is matted in the am, see your doc. ...Read more
2-7 days: Depending on the severity this will usually take between one day and one week. ...Read more
Variable: Usually after the ulcer has completely resurfaced ; all meds have been stopped. Refresh optive tears are helpful during this stage. ...Read more
Varies.: Without an actual examination, I cannot give specific medical advice on your particular health, but 1) an area that has neither great blood flow, nor air circulation, nor great skin surfaces. it is a closed space without many resources for healing. 2) can produce scarring that hurts vision. Takes a long time and needs watching carefully. (weeks to up to more than 3 months.) ...Read more
No answer: Unfortunately there is no good answer to your question. Every patient is different and every patient has different severities of corneal dryness. People heal at different rates due to their eyedrops, genetics, and other medical problems and environmental conditions. Due to the fact there are so many variables, there is no answer to your question . I'm sorry. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for nerves to grow back?
- How long does a scratched cornea take to heal?
- How long does it take for hair to grow back after chemo?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for facial hair to grow back after depilitary?
- How long does it take for hair to grow back after chemotherapy?
- How long does it take for hair to grow back after waxing?
- How long does it take for hair to grow back if pulled out?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free