Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take Magnesium Citrate Oral Solution To Work
Use with caution: Magnesium salts can bind with levothyroxine( common thyroid medication), if taken simultaneously may reduce absorption of the thyroid medication/ decrease its effect. To reduce this interaction, take thyroid medication at least 4 hours before or after the magnesium citrate dose. Note that other antacids and calcium supplements may also affect thyroid medications; same caution is also advised. ...Read more
Depends on kidneys: Mag citrate has 2 benefits: treats constipation and prevents kidney stone formation. However, if you take mag citrate chronically, you need to check with your doctor because build up of magnesium in the blood could cause heart rhythm abnormality that is occasionally fatal (ventricular tachycardia). Kidney weakness decreases magnesium excretion and builds it up in the blood. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Check with physician: Can be a problem in CHF patients. ...Read more
Magnesium: Yes, no contraindication.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not recommended: You do not want to take a laxative daily because if you do your colon will become dependent on it and you will not be able to have a bowel movement without it. Increase water and fiber. You can try a bulking agent like mirilax as needed. See your doctor for other treatments available or to diagnose the cause. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for magnesium citrate to work?
- How long does magnesium citrate take to work?
- How long magnesium citrate takes to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for magnesium citrate to take effect?
- How does magnesium citrate work?
- How long does it take for oral contraceptives to work?
- How long does magnesium take to work?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free