Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take In Chemotherapy For You To Lose Your Hair
It varies: For most people it can take a couple of months. For complete recovery to a normal head of hair it could take as long a 6 months. Some chemotherapy drugs don't cause hair loss and some only cause thinning. Some patients worry when hair starts to grow during treatment. This is not a sign that the treatments have stopped working, but the hair root recovering from damage. ...Read more
Stops their producti: Chemotherapy stops production of many cells which are normally produced daily. In the case of hair a break in the stem of the hair results as the old hair grow outwards and there is no new hair production for several days following chemotherapy. So the older hair start falling after 3-4 weeks of starting chemotherapy(in most cases, but some chemo drugs spare the hair entirely). ...Read more
Yes if using long te: The chemotherapy doses are low in ipt, however, repeted chemo, in some cases, cause hair loss too. Crtainly the incidence of hair loss in low in ipt because the dose of chemo is low. However, the effacacy of ipt is less documented, so i prefer it be used only for stage 4 patients with careful clinical monitoring. ...Read more
Chemo stops their gr: Chemo stops all cell growth. So any cells that are fast growing, which includes skin, nails and hair, they will stop growing. But this growth interference only lasts as long as chemotherapy is continuing. Once you stop taking chemotherapy, hair start growing in one month. They often recover fully in 3-4 months. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for hair to grow back after chemotherapy?
- How long does it take for my hair to grow back after chemotherapy?
- How long does chemotherapy stay in your system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for grapefruit to make you lose weight?
- How long does thc stay in your hair if you smoke once?
- How long does weed stay in your hair if you smoke once?
- How long does weed stay in your hair if you smoked once?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free