Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Wrist Fracture Pain To Go Away
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Months!: I usually tell my wrist fracture patients that it will take a year before they go through the day and don't think about their wrist. What ever the treatment, we use out hands so much that we are often aware of some discomfort for a long time. This does not mean you will not be able to use it for that long, just that it 'remind you' that it was injured. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
8 weeks: In general, wrist fractures take about 6-8 weeks to heal. Most patients are allowed to resume full unrestricted activity after 3 months. However, not all wrist fractures are the same. More severe ones will take longer to heal, and patients with other medical conditions or who have poor bone density, may take longer as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: Typically acute swelling and pain resolves over 4-6 weeks. Reactive swelling and discomfort can persist for 4 months. Final end point in terms of return to "normal" is usually 8-12 months. These are typical time frames and there is a degree of variability based on use, type of fracture, and other medical problems. ...Read more
6-8 weeks: Most wrist fractures will heal in 6-8 weeks. ...Read more
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for anxiety pain to go away?
- How long does it take for a kidney infection pain to go away?
- How long does it take for shingles pain to go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it typically take for a sunburn to go away?
- How long does it take for a kidney infection to go away?
- How long does it take for uti symptoms to go away?
- How long does it take for herpes sores to go away?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free