Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Urinary Tract Infection To Go Away
I have a serious prostate and bladder infection. Have been on antibiotics for five months and no relief. I take multaq which limits the antibiotics i can take. Has systoscope this week and cat scan. Dr said he saw infection in my entire urinary tract.
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Everytime I take Advil on empty stomach, I get a burning/pain in my bladder and urinary tract. Lasts maybe 2hrs. No bladder infection.
5 to 7 days: Depending on your overall medical condition, the infection will clear in 5 to 7 days after starting the appriopriate antibiotic. Factors that will affect your treatment include, prescence of kidney stones, diabetes, urinary obstruction, and anatomical abnormalities of the urinary tract. Your urinary symptoms will resolve in about 48 hours but complete the entire course of medication. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
2 - 14 days: Simle bladder infections can clear up within couple of days, and up to 7 - 10 days, depending upon infective organism. Kidney infections take longer, and subjects should be on antibiotics for at least two weeks. Proper treatment requires antibiotics + removal of stones if present in kidney or bladder in addition to UTI otherwise reinfection will occur. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can you please tell me about effective home remedies for urinary tract infection/bladder infection?
What are the typical bladder infection symptoms? I think I have a bladder infection, but i'm not sure. What are some of the symptoms? Is it the same as a urinary tract infection?
Burning,urgency,freq: Dysuria or burning on urination... The need to urinate urgently, urgency... The need to urinate frequently, frequency are the most common signs of a urinary tract infection. If the infection is in the kidney pain in the flank or back, fever and chills are common. Uti encompasses both bladder and kidney infections. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a urinary tract infection to go away with antibiotics?
- How long does it take for a urinary track infection to go away?
- How long does it take for a kidney infection to go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a urinary tract infection to heal?
- How long does it take for a urinary tract infection to clear up?
- How long does it take for urinary tract infections to clear up?
- How long does it take for a bladder infection to go away after antibiotics?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free