Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Thyroid Medication Cytomel To Work
Am i a non responder to thyroid hormones? I take 100mcg of levothyroxine and 50mcg of cytomel (t3) daily. My TSH is 8.53 and freet4 is low @ .55
Probably not: What was your TSH before you started on treatment? If it was 100 before you are doing much better. We usually use just levothyroxine to treat low thyroid hormone levels and not t3 but t3 treatment could be causing your free T4 to be too low. Poor absorption of thyroid from the gut is rare but do not take it with soy-containing food. Stopping t3 and increasing leveothyroxine to 125 might help. ...Read more
No: Liothyronine is a hormone. It's a bad idea to take extra hormone when your body axis is already at equilibrium. Your body will find a way to balance out the extra load and u will end up shutting down part of your thyroid gland. Hyperthyroidism might or might not cause weight loss, depending on your eating habits. The weight that you lose will by muscle weight which takes years to build & replace. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had cure autoimune disease I am of 17years can my thyroidism and brain fog due to med can cure.How long i need to take med further?
Thyroiditis?: If you are referring to autoimmune thyroiditis ( hashimoto's disease)- this at first can cause an overactive thyroid ( hyperthyroidism) followed by decreased thyoid function ( hypothyroidism). You need to have your thyroid hormone levels balance to achieve balance. The medication may be need for a lifetime or the disease can resolve. ...Read more
Starts working: Starts working slowly. Cannot test efficacy of dosage for 4-6 weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for thrush medication to work?
- How long does it take for chlamydia medication to work?
- How long does it take for claritin to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for lisinopril to work?
- How long does it take for b12 injections to work?
- How long does it take for monistat 3 to work?
- How long does it take for tylenol to work?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free