Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Thyroid Hormone To Work
A hormone (from greek ὁρμή, "impetus") is a chemical released by a cell or a gland in one part of the body that sends out messages that affect cells in other parts of the organism. Only a little amount of hormone is required to alter cell metabolism. In essence, it is a chemical messenger that transports a signal from ...Read more
Absorption time: Absorption time of levothyroxine from the gut is reportedly within 20-30 minutes of ingestion (mainly absorbed via the small intestine). Of course, there are many variables that can affect such timing including the gut transit time, acidity of the stomach and type of food/liquid co-ingested or present in the GI tract during time of ingestion. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Many things: Short term you can get palpitations, muscle shaking, more bowel movements, can't sleep, sweating more, weight loss, irritability, feeling hot, headache...Long term you can get osteoporosis (weakened bone), heart rhythm abnormalities, enlarged heart... ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
How long after a partial thyroidectomy does a patient begin to feel the results of lesser thyroid hormone?
Generic: Not much difference. Both work well.Get a more detailed answer ›
It Could Be: One thyroid hormone lab result is a proverbial window in time. No way to know without following up on that test. It could be normal , the same, lower, or higher when checked again in the context of other thyroid tests, including thyroid antibodies. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for miralax to work?
- How long does it take for lisinopril to work?
- How long does it take for b12 injections to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for tylenol to work?
- How long does it take for pantoprazole to work?
- How long does it take for magnesium supplements to work?
- How long does it take for monistat 7 to work?
- How long does it take for thyroid medication cytomel to work?