Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Syphilis To Be Detectable In A Blood Test
Weeks to months: Testing for syphillis relies on both non-specific tests that can be falsley +or - and more specific germ tests as backup. A + or rising level of a screening test is confirmed by a germ test. The most specific test is finding the germ in material from a lesion. Since transmission ~30% per contact with an infected source, a single dose of penicillin is often given as early as exposure is suspected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I Got a syphilis blood test 4 weeks after sex expos( which was fingering and hand job) it was neg. Is it accurate how long does Syp show up after act?
It is accurate: The risk was low from the behavior described and the test should be accurate by 1-2 weeks at least. ...Read more
Your doctor: Your doctor can order a blood test and most hospital labs are capable for performing the test. A community health clinic may offer the service. ...Read more
Not possible: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes it can: The TPHA test (Treponema pallidum hemagglutination) is a confirmatory test for syphilis. Usually it is done only after a positive screening test, such as the VDRL, RPR, or an EIA test. If you have had negative results on one of these plus the TPHA, you can be 100% certain you don't have syphilis and probably never did. ...Read more
How soon does syphilis show up in a blood test?There are diff names for certain tests, does it matter what test?Do they detect all in same time frame?
Syphilis: Usually within the first six weeks after a possible exposure. Syphilis is unique in that when one is infected in their mouth, vagina or rectum they may miss the first stage of syphilis because the sore it causes does not hurt. If one has an unexplained sore in this scenario then testing definitely should happen. But, in general six weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for hiv to show up in a blood test?
- How long after sex does it take for a pregnancy test to be positive?
- How long does it take for a chlamydia to show up in a test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to detect hiv in a blood test?
- How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in for a sinus infection?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free