Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Swollen To Go Down In Hand After Surgery
Time to heal after carpal tunnel surgery? I had surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome two weeks ago. I understand it can take months to heal completely, but how long should it take for me to see improvement? My hand is still pretty swollen and stiff and i st
Had arthoscopic shoulder surgery week ago and now arm and hand very swollen. How long does this last?
Why does my palm still feel bruised and swollen and my wrist hurts almost a year after surgery? I also have pain that travels down my thumb?
Could be normal: Swelling after surgery is a normal process of healing. The amount of swelling is dependant on many factors: the type of procedure, length. Trauma involved, vascularity of the area, patient medical conditions, etc. Swelling can also be caused by infection. Consult your surgeon for your particular case. ...Read more
Absolutely: The blood supply to the hand is so good that there will be significant swelling after almost any hand operation or injury. It is very important to elevate the hand above the heart for 2-3 days postoperatively, otherwise you will feel each heartbeat in your hand. Elevation can be as effective as pain medicine in reducing hand pain after surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Very normal: If you had part of your hand amputated, i would suspect you have a lot of swelling. You need to keep the hand elevated above the level of your heart at all times, and, depending on the instructions from your surgeon, gentle motion of the hand will help hasten the resolution of swelling. ...Read more
I had pec repair surgery 24 months ago and since then my whole hand frequently gets swollen and kind of numb. What's affecting my hand?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a swollen lymph node take to go down?
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after a knee surgery?
- How long for swelling to go down after surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for the swelling to go down after wisdom teeth?
- How long does it take for swelling to go down from abscessed tooth?
- How long does it take for skin infection swelling to go down?
- How long does it typically take orchitis swelling to go down?
- How long does it take for a swollen lip to go down?