Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Swelling To Subside After A Chin Implant
Chin implant is a synthetic material that is shaped in the contour of your chin to augment or enlarge a weak chin in a surgical procedure called chin augmentation. It is generally placed underneath the soft tissues of your skin and muscle to accentuate your chin to match the cosmetic appearance of your lower face and provide a better balance of your ...Read more
How can swelling and bruising be eliminated as quickly as possible after a deep plane facelift which included a chin implant?
Chin implant: I have not generally seen lumps under the chin following placement of a chin implant. However, most symptoms resolve by six weeks. If it's been more than that, there could be a problem. You should return to see your surgeon and let him or her determine if it's normal or abnormal. ...Read more
It could: Most chin implants are placed to make the chin protrude more, not make the face longer. There are many different shapes and models of chin implants and your surgeon should select the one that will accomplish what you and s/he want. If the chin implant extends below the edge of the jawbone, it could make the face look longer. ...Read more
3 weeks: You will have swelling and bruising for about 3-4 weeks. Thereafter swelling will continue to reduce at a much slower rate. ...Read more
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for skin to grow back after a leg road rash?
- How long does it take for a child to heal after a circumcision?
- How long does it take for your skin to feel normal after a tummy tuck?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a babys belly button to heal after birth?
- How long after sex does it take for a pregnancy test to be positive?
- How long does it take for a kidney stone to pass after lithotripsy?
- How long does it take for a bladder infection to go away after antibiotics?
- How long does it take for novocaine to wear off after a filling?