Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Rabies To Develop
Rabies is an infectious disease caused by a virus. The most common carrier in the U.S. is infected bats. Symptoms of rabies include an initial flu-like illness followed by increasing paralysis, agitation, and confusion. The classic drooling symptom is due to an inability ...Read more
2-3 wks, but rare: Rabies has an incubation period (time from exposure to symptoms) of 2-3 weeks, but is very rare in north america. Most rabies on this continent is found in wild rodents & animals such as squirrels, prairie dogs, bats and even raccoons. If a person gets bit by a dog which doesn't have proof of rabies vaccination, the local animal control department can often quarantine the dog for observation. ...Read more
My rabies (4-5) injection course completed on 13th, got bitten by dog again on 16th, so do I need to take another injection. If not,for how long?
Extreme phobia of rabies. Have begun treatment with therapist but every day I have it gets worse. How long will it take to be handled. I go every 2w.
Talk with therapist: Extreme phobias of any kind take both understanding and patience to work with. Depending on the type of treatment, the fear can get worse before it gets better. You say you've begun therapy, but i don't know how long -- or what methods are in place. Please ask your therapist his/her thoughts about prognosis and timing; could ^ to once/week too. Also in some instances medications can help. ...Read more
???: Perhaps your question is, how long after rabies vaccine may I take my flu shot? The rabies vaccine is not a live virus. Some influenza vaccines do contain live virus. It is recommended that you wait 4 weeks between doses of live virus vaccine, but since rabies vaccine contains the inactivated virus, you may take your flu shot at any time. Good luck! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a cold sore on your lip to develop?
- How long does it take for gangrene to develop?
- How long does it take for throat cancer to develop?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for mouth cancer to develop from chewing tobacco?
- How long does it take for kidney cancer to develop?
- How long does it usually take for a diabetic foot ulcer to develop?
- How long does it take for oral cancer to develop?
- Talk to a pediatrician online