Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Pupil Dilation To End
How can one reduce pupil dilation?
I take aderall 30mg XR once every am 5 mg ir evening. Most days iris all but disappears, and i look like a junkie
Constricting pupils: Aderral can cause pupil dilation, so the options are to reduce dosage or eliminate the aderral, switch to a different drug (eg if you are treating adhd, straterra may be an option, or other treatment). Taking another drug to constrict the pupil (eg, Pilocarpine 1% 1 drop) may also cause other side effects, like pinpoint pupils, blurry vision, corneal irritation. & long term use: lens opacification. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pupil dilation: When you look at your eye is the mirror, the dark circle in the center is the pupil. Dilating drops make the pupil larger and allow a more complete eye exam robe performed. Dilation takes about 15-20 minutes and lasts 3-4 hours or longer (depending on which drops are used). ...Read more
Not always: If you are referring to having your eyes dilated with drops in the ophthalmologist's office, this is generally safe, except when you have "narrow angles." this can be determined by your eye md. If your pupil spontaneously dilates, this can be a sign of a problem in the brain (tumor, aneurysm, etc) and should be evaluated right away by an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
See an eye doctor: It can be normal, especially if it has always been present. There are certain conditions that can lead to one pupil dilating more (or less) than the other. If the pupil difference is new, it should be evaluated by an eye doctor soon. The condition itself is usually harmless, but the underlying cause needs to be addressed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for dilation to wear off?
- How long does the dilation and curettage take?
- How long does it take for eye dilation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for dilated pupils to wear off?
- How long does it take for dilation drops to wear off?
- How long does dilation of your eyes last?
- How long does the dilation of eyes last?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free