Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Mumps To Go Away
Mumps is a viral infection of children caused by the paramyxovirus virus. The salivary glands (esp. Parotid behind the ears) swell. The paramyxovirus virus is spread by direct contact with an infected person's sneeze or cough. With nearly universal immunization in childhood, there are few cases ...Read more
Ten days: Ten to 14 days at the upper limit. ...Read more
According to CDC...: According to the centers for disease control, people with mumps are considered most contagious a few days before symptoms occur until 5 days after the onset of inflammation and swelling of the parotid (mumps) glands. Therefore the cdc recommends isolating mumps patients for 5 days after their glands begin to swell. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for pinworms to go away?
- How long does it take for hemorrhoids to go away?
- How long does it take for inflammation to go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for heartburn to go away?
- How long does it take for anxiety to go away?
- How long does it take for piles to go away?
- How long does it take for flu to go away?
- Talk to a pediatrician online