Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Mumps To Go Away
Mumps is a viral infection of children caused by the paramyxovirus virus. The salivary glands (esp. Parotid behind the ears) swell. The paramyxovirus virus is spread by direct contact with an infected person's sneeze or cough. With nearly universal immunization in childhood, there are few cases ...Read more
Ten days: Ten to 14 days at the upper limit. ...Read more
According to CDC...: According to the centers for disease control, people with mumps are considered most contagious a few days before symptoms occur until 5 days after the onset of inflammation and swelling of the parotid (mumps) glands. Therefore the cdc recommends isolating mumps patients for 5 days after their glands begin to swell. ...Read more
How long is supposed to go by between the first and second vaccination dose for mumps, measles and rubella?
I had dry socket about 2 days after getting a tooth extracted last wednesday my dentist cleaned the area and packed it 2 days agoo how long is the swelling in my face and neck going to last i look like I have the mumps and I am still in a lot of pain?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for scabies to go away after permethrin cream?
- How long does it typically take for a sunburn to go away?
- How long does it take for a kidney infection to go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for herpes sores to go away?
- Time to cure scabies with treatment
- How long does it take for wrist fracture pain to go away?
- How long does it take for ringworm to go away?
- Talk to a pediatrician online