Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Gangrene To Develop
Depends: Gangrene will only set in if the bullet hit and cut off the circulation to one of the main arteries. Every situation is different and without knowing where the bullet hit and which arteries were injured this question can not be accurately answered. Another and perhaps more important question is: can you move your leg/foot and do you have sensation. If yes, the your foot/leg is viable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long does it take for dry gangrene to develop after an infection? What symptoms should I look for?
Multiple factors: Gangrene is a rather generic description of a necrotizing infection. This mesns the bacteria are invading and killing normal tissue. The speed with wich this sets in depends on many factors including what organisms are causing the infection as well as many host factors such as diabetes, smoker status, vascular or herat disease etc... All of which may make the infection spread faster. ...Read more
There is no set time: ...& can vary from hours to never. Gangrenous tissue should be surgically removed as soon as it is medically safe to do so(i.e., when anesthesia, if needed, can be tolerated) and something can be done to protect the raw tissue that's left behind- unless infection has already started in which case it's even more urgent and no longer as important to worry about covering the raw tissue right away. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Emergency: its an emmergency .Get a more detailed answer ›
How long does it take gangrene to form, it's due to intravenous drug use, used in the middle of the finger but only tip of finger is purple & ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take meth sores to develop?
- How long does it take for shingles to develop?
- How long does it take cervical cancer to develop?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does ovarian cancer take to develop?
- How long does it take for pancreatic cancer to develop?
- How long does it take to develop throat cancer?
- How long does it take for skin cancer to develop?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online