Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Foot Fungus To Begin Growing
See below: Athletes feet / fungal foot infections if left untreated can last for years. Typically oral antifungal meds such as lamisil, gris peg, Diflucan for 45 days in combination with topical antifungal creams gels or lotions can kill the fungus fairly effectively. Often a bacterial component is present and a antibiotic pill or cream must be added as well. ...Read more
Consult a doctor: Without providing a photograph one should be extremely careful with regards to hyperpigmented lesions. While, it can be something so mundane, one must be better safe than sorry. Fungus on the foot is usually scaly skin, sometimes red patchy skin. A newly found patch is likely a dermatitis of some variety. A quick visit to a dermatologist or podiatrist should give you an accurate diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fungus is everywhere: Usually fungus infections of the skin will take 7-14 days to resolve wtih a good topical antifungal using it appropriately. If you are not consistent it is hard to get rid of it. Once it does clear you have to continue to use a topical on a regular basis to keep it from returning. If you are suseptible to the fungus, it is likely to return without regular treatment. Dr. L. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it a bad idea to shower together with my boyfriend if he has foot fungus? Will it spread to me? Are there any precautions I should take?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take for soft tissue in the foot to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a bad foot sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a torn tendon to heal in the foot?
- How long does it take for soft tissue damage in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take for a broken foot to stop hurting?
- Talk to a dermatologist online