Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Dilated Pupils To Wear Off
How long will it take my dilated pupils to return to normal after taking hydrocodone for 3 days? I had a laparoscopy on wednesday.
Narcotics: Cause pupillary constriction, not dilation. Consult with your doctor about what other meds you may have received. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Withdrawals: Pupillary constriction is associated with opiates & heroine on board body & actively causing drowsiness & euphoria. As opiates metabolize out of tissues, withdrawal symptoms of sympathetic overdrive set in; accompanied by pupillary dilatation, muscle contractions, sweating, anxiousness, & generally feeling horrible. Pupilllary size will normalize along with dissipation of withdrawal symptoms. ...Read more
Is a pupil responsive to light but dilated the same thing as mydriasis or is it only when fixed is it considered mydriatic?
Emotions: Pupil dilation can be caused by an emotional state or arousal. There are also many drugs that can result in changes in pupils and then the same drugs are the cause of the behavior change. Consider a urine test to look for drug behavior changes. ...Read more
Both same size: If both the same size no need to be concerned, however good idea to have the eyes examined. ...Read more
Dilated pupils: Medications can cause the pupils to constrict or dilate depending on the medication. Opiates are know to cause pupillary constriction while pupillary dilation can occur with other drugs. Dilated pupils allow more light into the eye. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for the dilating eyedrops to wear off?
- How long does it take for dilation to wear off?
- How long does it take for novocaine to wear off?
- How long does it take for a radial nerve block to wear off?
- How long does it take for pupil dilation to end?
- How long does it take depo-provera to wear off?
- How long does it take for tooth infection swelling to go down?
- How long does it take for claritin to work?
- How long does it take for novocaine to wear off after a filling?