Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Dilated Pupils To Wear Off
How long will it take my dilated pupils to return to normal after taking hydrocodone for 3 days? I had a laparoscopy on wednesday.
Narcotics: Cause pupillary constriction, not dilation. Consult with your doctor about what other meds you may have received. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Withdrawals: Pupillary constriction is associated with opiates & heroine on board body & actively causing drowsiness & euphoria. As opiates metabolize out of tissues, withdrawal symptoms of sympathetic overdrive set in; accompanied by pupillary dilatation, muscle contractions, sweating, anxiousness, & generally feeling horrible. Pupilllary size will normalize along with dissipation of withdrawal symptoms. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Is a pupil responsive to light but dilated the same thing as mydriasis or is it only when fixed is it considered mydriatic?
Get help now ›
Emotions: Pupil dilation can be caused by an emotional state or arousal. There are also many drugs that can result in changes in pupils and then the same drugs are the cause of the behavior change. Consider a urine test to look for drug behavior changes. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Both same size: If both the same size no need to be concerned, however good idea to have the eyes examined. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Dilated pupils: Medications can cause the pupils to constrict or dilate depending on the medication. Opiates are know to cause pupillary constriction while pupillary dilation can occur with other drugs. Dilated pupils allow more light into the eye. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Mydriasis: It's called mydriasis and it has been reported to occur in a few patients on paxil. It was studied as people with anxiety, depression, etc. Could have the same problem even without Paxil and yes, it was found that it is a possible side effect. This gives the warning of use in people with narrow angle glaucoma causing pain. Talk to your doctor if it is bothersome (dizziness) for an alternative. ...Read moreGet help now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for the dilating eyedrops to wear off?
- How long does it take for dilation to wear off?
- How long does it take for novocaine to wear off?
- How long does it take for a radial nerve block to wear off?
- How long does it take for pupil dilation to end?
- How long does it take depo-provera to wear off?
- How long does it take for tooth infection swelling to go down?
- How long does it take for claritin to work?
- How long does it take for novocaine to wear off after a filling?