Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Claritin To Work
Up to 1 hour: Claritin can work relatively quickly in most people. That is, it usually works within 30 minutes. However, in some people it may take up to 60 minutes to have its full effect. If it is not working within that time, or if the duration of effect becomes less and less, seeing an allergy specialist for allergy testing would be recommended as other treatments may be more effective. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
3 days to reach peak: Claritin (loratidine) takes 3 days to reach a steady state, so it could take that long for it to work on hives. Other non-drowsy antihistamines are a better choice: Allegra (fexofenadine) reaches peak effect within 2 hours and Zyrtec (cetirizine) reaches peak effect in 1-2 hours. If you see no benefit at all within 5 hours of taking these, they probably will not work for you. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Who knows: Work for what? Claritin supposedly starts working within 90 minutes. But Claritin is also the weakest binding antihistamine sold over the counter. Personally, i feel Claritin is a waste of money. Use a stronger antihistamine like fexofenadine or Cetirizine which cause minimal to no sedation. Use Benadryl only at nighttime because it can make you drowsy. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for miralax to work?
- How long does it take for lisinopril to work?
- How long does it take for claritin to start working?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for monistat 3 to work?
- How long does it take for tylenol to work?
- How long does it take for pantoprazole to work?
- How long does it take for magnesium supplements to work?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free